- Listen to your body when it tells you to rest. Being tired isn’t a sign of weakness…it’s an indicator you need to rest.
- Reduce/eliminate a dependence on stimulants such as caffeine, sugar or carbs.
- Simplify your life by determining how to create margin in your schedule. This may be hard at first, but determine what you should say “yes” and “no” to in your schedule. Margin matters.
- Take periodic extended/deep rest seasons to refresh.
- Take technology breaks. Like, turn your phone off and put it far away from you. Technology can be a real addiction.
- Get plenty of sleep on a regular basis. As simple as this sounds, it’s not something people tend to capitalize on.
- Take vitamins/supplements as is best for your health needs. One size doesn’t fit all, so go on a discovery process to determine what you need.
- Make a choice to forgive and forget. I can’t tell you how many sleepless nights I’ve had focused on emotional pains and hurts from others. The pain may be real, but choosing to forgive and release people does wonders for our emotional AND physical health.
- Find some hobbies/things you love doing. Being joyful and passionate about things does amazing things for our inner morale.
- Spend time meditating on God’s Word. Proverbs says “it is health to our body, and life to our bones”.
Share this post:
Read more encouragement