I have so many favorite things for my home and kitchen. I am going to try to narrow it down to my absolute most favorite things I use on a daily basis. These are all things that I have tested and tried and found to be both safe and also really helpful in my desire to make our home as life-giving and productive as possible!
Let’s start with the Kitchen:
- Vitamix Blender– I use this for making soups, homemade nut milks, sauces, acai bowls, the list goes on and on. The reason why I love the Vitamix so much is because it truly blends up everything perfectly. There are never any pieces or chunks of food left over, it makes perfectly pureed food and drinks every time! I purchased mine at Costco.
- Nutribullet Blender– I am a big fan of this blender as well. I like to use this for single serve smoothies. If I want to make a smaller portion of something then this is my go-to. I purchased this at Costco as well.
- Kitchen Craft 7 Layer Surgical Stainless Steel Waterless Cookware– I transitioned from using nonstick cookware several years ago. Nonstick releases toxins into your food as you cook. These pots and pans don’t release any toxins as you cook, and all your food retains their nutrients. They are eco friendly, and is one of the last remaining companies that make cookware in the USA. These can be pricey, so if you need to, start small by replacing 1 piece of cookware at a time. These can be purchased at kitchencraftcookware.com or you might even find them sold on ebay.
- Snapware Glass Food Containers and Mason Jars– I transitioned from using plastic food containers to glass. Plastic leaches chemicals into your food, whereas glass does not. I purchased mine at Costco, but you can check other online stores such as Amazon, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.
- Crockpot Slow Cooker– I absolutely love my slow cooker for making tender meats, soups, bone broth, and so much more!
- Jack Lalanne Juicer– This is not a cold press juicer, although I do have one. Since I drink my juices within 10 minutes, I don’t necessarily need a cold press. I love this one because it is fast, quiet, and it has a large opening to put the veggies in so I don’t have to cut them down into small pieces.
- Parchment Paper– I always use parchment paper to cook instead of aluminum foil. Aluminum will leach metals into your food while cooking, which is why I choose to use parchment paper. You can find this at your local grocery stores, and of course Costco is where I purchase mine. Side note: Parchment paper is not the same thing as wax paper.
- Bees Wrap Food Coverings– I replaced plastic wrap with these bees wrap coverings. They adhere to the side of the container, and they are reusable and eco-friendly. You can purchase them at https://www.amazon.com/Bees-Wrap-Sustainable-Reusable-Assorted/dp/B0126LMDFK
- Sunshine Concentrate Cleaner by Nature’s Sunshine– I use this cleaner for so many things! A little bit goes a long way making this bottle last up to a year. I take a capful of the concentrate, a quart of warm water, a couple drops of essential oils, and mix it all together. I put it in a spray bottle and that is what I use to clean my kitchen counters and appliances. To purchase go to andreathompson.org/hbg
For the home:
- Nature’s Sunshine Essential Oil Diffuser– This disperses essential oils into the air with a cool water vapor. Great for purifying the air, and also for adding good scents in the home. For purchase go to andreathompson.org/hbg
- Nature’s Sunshine Aroma Ball Plug In– This gets the scent of the essential oils into the room quickly. I use it as an air freshener, rather than an air purifier. For purchase go to andreathompson.org/hbg
- Fresh Flowers and Plants– I love fresh flowers and plants! I think they bring life to a room and they just make me happy every time I look at them! They are also beneficial for increasing the oxygen levels in your home making it easier to breathe and to cleanse the air.
- Wool Dryer Balls– Instead of using dryer sheets that contain many chemicals, I made the switch to wool dryer balls. These are a natural way to soften and fluff laundry without the chemicals. I also add essential oils to these to give my laundry a nice scent. These are also reusable making them eco-friendly. These can be purchased seasonally at andreathompson.org/hbg or year-round on Amazon.
To find out more information about things I use for the kitchen and home, go to andreathompson.org
What are some of your favorite kitchen and home items? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Have a blessed and amazing day!